If you’re wanting to sell your home before Christmas then there is still time!
In order to complete the process before Christmas, then home-sellers will need to have their property listed by Wednesday 20th October according to a new study.
Data from a comparison estate agent site offers insight into the time it would take to sell a residential property. In the last 6 years, on average it takes 64 days for a home to sell if it is listed in October. As a result of this, homeowners who want a sale agreed by Christmas should be aiming to list their home by Wednesday 20th October at the latest.
The average time it takes to sell a property has remained fairly constant over the last 6 years. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the speed of sales in 2020 slowed down, but quickly picked up again once the housing market reopened alongside the government announcing the stamp duty holiday. With the recent ending of the stamp duty holiday, the market has many buyers.
Here are 5 top tips for selling before Christmas:
- Appoint Robinson Hornsby as your estate agent – we are a professional company who have been on your doorstep since 1995 which makes us one of the areas longest established estate agent. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our clients are our number one priority along with maintaining our excellent reputation.
- Set up your solicitor – Find a conveyancing solicitor now and start pulling paperwork together now if you want to secure a quick sale.
- Get your house ready for sale – Know of any issues with the house that could slow the process? We recommend getting them fixed now. Also, as we head into the Winter months, perhaps lighten your home with lamps, candles and mirrors?
- Let your agent take the lead – Allow us to take the lead when it comes to viewings and those tricky questions. Not only this but we can advise on negotiations so we can secure you the best price for your home.
- Choose the right buyer – Make sure you choose the right buyer. We suggest opting for a buying who is chain-free so that they are not relaying on selling their home in order to buy yours.